Swiggy is an online portal using which one can order food from restaurants around and food will be delivered through their executive. When Madhu Singhal, Founder of Mitra Jyothi told me that she needs to use Swiggy but its app on iOS is not accessible using VoiceOver that prompted me do a quick accessibility review of Swiggy. Some of the observations are:
- Bottom navigation tabs have no problem. works well with VoiceOver
- Home button (at the top), area selector widget, favorites button do not have an accessible name
- When swiping using gestures, offers widget is not accessible
- Able to Select and open a restaurant
- Able to read through the menu options
- Buttons provided to add / remove an item from the menu list does not have label
- Cart is completely inaccessible
- Call button does not have accessible name
Though user is able to make a choice of options in mind, it just stops there and noway they can proceed with adding them to card and place an order.
Do refer to Mobile Accessibility Practices page to learn about building accessible mobile applications.