It’s common practice and rather easy method to add widgets to an area that a theme supports. However, there are ways to add widgets into a post or page. This would be useful for several scenarios. Something like on pages that we do not wish to have a side bar but wish to have a few widgets displayed on the page etc., Here is how we can do this.
- Download and install AMR Shortcode any widget
- Activate the plugin
- Now create widgets into side bar in the usual way
- Then drag widgets to a area called “Widgets for short code”
- Now you will notice a short code at the bottom of every widget that is added to “Widgets for short code” area.
- Grab that short code and place it in a page or post etc.,
We are still experimenting if we can further customize this experience by setting a custom background colour to selected widget etc.,