Paytm is one of the largest digital wallets being used today. Paytm is one thing that gets accepted almost everywhere including small businesses like grocery stores, vegetable vendors etc., Also, Paytm enable users to purchase wide range of merchandise, book tickets for bus, train, fight etc., make utility payments such as electricity, DTH, mobile, landline, water etc., In short, many financial transactions can be carried out using Paytm.
Such a powerful platform has to be usable and accessible to all users including people with disabilities. Here is a list of accessibility findings that I have put together. This is not a exhaustive assessment report but something to begin with.
- Search box: Auto suggestions are not operable using keyboard and does not expose to screen readers
- Form fields such as to enter prepaid mobile number, recharge amount does not have associated labels
- Several sections such as Book on Paytm etc., appears and functions like tab panels but not marked up as one.
- Strike-through information (original price) is not exposed to screen reader users
- No visible focus indicator on any focusable elements.
- Several elements do not meet sufficent color contrast ratio of 4.5:1
- Drop down menus are not accessible using keyboard alone.
- Available balance and Items bag is not accessible using keyboard alone.
What I would recommend is have a list of scenarios and priorities them; then start fixing accessibility issues for each of those scenarios. Some items could be:
- Global navigation
- Sign-up and sign-in
- Adding money
- Paying utility bills and recharge
- Buy movie tickets
- Buy bus tickets
- Shop on Paytm
Visit Our resources page to find links related to standards, developer resources, testing tools and much more…
Looking forward to see Paytm more accessible soon!