We recently posted about Theme for this year’s International Day of Persons with Disabilities. As we are gearing up to mark the occasion tomorrow, here is a quick list of a few events that are happening in India.
- Mr. Narendra Modi, The Prime Minister of India will be officially launching Accessible India Campaign and giving away away National Awards to People with Disabilities. This is perhaps for the first time that events matching the theme are being hosted and that too with involvement of The Prime Minister. I hope Accessible India Campaign will be a fruitful and successful one. It’s great to see the target of 50% of Central and State government office to become disabled friendly by 2018. Way to go!
- An introspection article by Disability News and Information Service
- BVRIT to launch a few products
- An awareness workshop by BarrierBreak and Trinayani has been organized at Delhi Public School
- Madhya Pradesh recognizes Sign Language as a separate language
In addition, there are several events happening across the country and I’m happy to see awareness towards inclusion is growing.
Way to go and greetings to everyone on the eve of International Day of Persons with Disabilities.