Welcome to ServeOM Inclusion!
ServeOM Inclusion aims to be help community to build inclusive web and mobile experiences. There are at least about 700 million people with disabilities across the globe and all of them would love to enjoy the power of internet like anyone else!
Today Internet is not a luxury but an essential part of daily life. Internet helps us to in almost every aspect of our life, may it be for education, banking, shopping, research, entertainment, playing, communication and more. Internet today does not limit to the desktop but also been used on mobile and tablet devices. That brings flexibility to the users.
So let’s make our web and mobile experiences usable and accessible to all including people with disabilities, elderly and mobile users!
As our objective says, we would like to contribute towards building inclusive digital experiences and help our customers build accessible products. We offer accessibility testing, accessibility consulting, accessibility training, accessible web development services. In addition, we have a mentorship initiative to build more capacity building in the area of accessibility. Visit our services page for more details.
Know our Founder
Srinivasu Chakravarthula is an accessibility enthusiast with more than a decade years of experience in the area of accessibility and two decades of experience in the disability sector. For Srinivasu, accessibility is not just his profession but something that he is passionate about. Srinivasu is Certified Professional of Web Accessibility by International Association of Accessibility Professionals.
We compile wide range of resources to help you have a reference handy. We cover topics including but not limited to accessibility standards, developer resources, testing tools, mobile accessibility practices and much more. Visit our a11y resources page.
Tip of the day
Alternate text for non-text content is not only useful to screen reader users but also for search engine optimization. Read Our post on “alt” what, why, how and when?
- National Disability Consultation on Rights of Persons with disabilities Act 2016 is being hosted by NCPEDP in partnership with Department of Empowerment of People with Disabilities; supported by Axis Bank, International Committee of the Red Cross & Leonard Cheshire on 19th & 20th July, 2018 at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi
- We are updating our tutorials section. Stay tuned.
- Microsoft’s SeeingAI app now identifies Indian currency. It has become huge challenge for people with vision impaired when a few months when Reserve Bank of India has released new currency notes. All the notes appear almost at the same size. Now though not a solution for all users, but those fortunate enough to have an iPhone can use Microsoft’s SeeingAI to identify Indian currency. Readstory on Microsoft news
- Srinivasu was invited to speak as part of Design Thinking Series at IBM Labs in Bangalore. View slides
- WCAG 2.1 bas become W3C recommendation on 5th June, 2018. Know more about WCAG 2.1 and what’s new in it.
We are revamping our website. So there will be some new look and feel that you experience. Do send us an email, if you experience a problem using our website.
Get our Android App
Video of the week
We post interesting videos every week. Please let us know using contact information, if you would like us to feature your video that talks about accessibility.
- Creating Charts with CSS
- Modal dialog example from WAI ARIA practices
- [Video] Do you see this OK? CSS tips for low vision Accessibility
- Why you shouldn’t force taborder using tabindex?